Monday, February 9, 2009

Take me home Ice road

Well, I am now standing on T-11 days. Booyah!

I can see the edge from here, and it is clearly paved with no sleep, no transition time from night shift to day shift, packing, training and what? Working like a banshee during the re-deployment crunch. No time! Nada! Shit!

I'm continuing to train for the position I want next year. I still do not have any confirmation if it will be mine but from the fact they have let me cross train here and there over two weeks I think is an indicator I might be in like Flynn. Today was the first day I seriously panicked I might not be up for the task. I know I will be fine and there will always be a learning curve to jobs down here, but it was probably just being overworked, adding more work training on top of a 12 hour shift, and the drugs to try and get my lockjaw to treat me a little kinder. The jaw is doing better thanks. I'm sure my boss is thrilled that I can curse like normal again. Really.

I have to get my room packed up this week. I'm intending to do it on Weds morning and Weds night. Not that it will take that long, but being I'm on a night shift it makes my not waking the neighbors up a little trickier.

You can sleep when you're dead. You bet!

My boss was in tears today. She is having a rough time of it. I could say lots, but I'm not going to bother. I hate people hurting particularly when it all could have been avoided in the first place.

I saw some Minke whales tonight. What a treat! As I understand I may be the first person this season to see them. I had been lamenting not seeing them, and as I was at lunch around 0024 I spotted them. Fortunately my binoculars were close at hand. :)

Anyway....blah blah. I'm feeling good inspite of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment